July 12-14, 2013
(Open until June 21, 2013)
Printable Form For Mailing Also Available – must be postmarked by June 17
Volunteers are needed for Registration and Kitchen
Contact Tammy Otten for Registration, and James Clements for Kitchen
- The 2012 effort of putting the “Karst” back in Karst-O-Rama went over so well that we intend to continue our new methods in 2013!
- Registration is limited to NSS or Grotto members only with the option to sponsor up to a total of three (3) non-member guests. If you are not a NSS or Grotto member or sponsored by someone who is, you will be turned away at the gate.
- In 2012, there were 20 cave trips offered. We hope to have at least as many cave trips offered this year, if not more!
WNS IS CONFIRMED IN ROCKCASTLE COUNTY, KY (http://static NULL.whitenosesyndrome NULL.org/resource/april-12-2013-wns-map)
ALL KOR ATTENDEES will be expected to clean and decontaminate their gear BEFORE coming to KOR and before they leave. Decontamination facilities will be provided on site.
Any KOR trip leader may refuse to take a trip attendee if their gear does not appear to be cleaned and decontaminated. While it has not been proven that humans aid in spreading this disease, we will not be responsible for being proof-positive.
There are several positions still open for KOR 2013. Most are easy, but the staff is in need of someone to step up and take ownership of them. Some may take some time commitment before the event. But like the famous saying goes: “It ain’t gonna run itself!” And it’s likely that if no one steps up to a position, it’s likely to just not happen. So please consider helping to make KOR 2013 an unforgettable event!
Beverages – picking them up, making sure they are there, getting cups, bringing it out for the party, etc.
Security – Staffing the front gate, getting shifts filled, sweeping the cave, etc.
Kids Activities – Kelly will organize but would like to have different people run each activity – some of these are really fun!!!
Speaker (finding and taking care of this person)
Saturday Night Party – helping DJ, clearing tables out from under the shelter, helping with the beverages
Friday Night Howdy party – getting drinks out, coordinating with Brian to maybe play some tunes or arranging background music on the CD player
And of course people are always needed to take shifts at Registration, First Aid, Ice Sales, Kitchen, and to lead caving trips! Please contact Tammy Otten at the meeting or through email about any interest you might have in helping out!
The first 50 pre-registrants
will be entered into a drawing to win a late-model Guy’s Dropper carbide lamp – UNFIRED!
This lamp can make a functional user-lamp, or will look great on a collector’s shelf.
• spade mount •
• some corrosion due to storage issues •
• small crack in skirt (typical of later-model Guy’s Droppers) •
• felt and gasket are intact •
• Needs a flint •
(click photo for larger view)